Medical Marijuana FAQs
A quick guide to our most frequently asked medical marijuana questions.
1. How do I obtain a medical marijuana card?
Before registering as a patient with the Medical Use of Marijuana Program, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that you must:
- Get a certification. Schedule an appointment with your health care provider and ask about the Medical Use of Marijuana Program. To find a qualified health care provider in your area, click here:
- Once certified, your health care provider will give you a PIN number to register with the Commonwealth’s Medical Use of Marijuana Program.
- To learn about registering with the State click here
2. Are there specific ailments for qualifying as a Medical Use of Marijuana patient?
Qualified conditions for a medical marijuana card in Massachusetts include:
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or HIV positive status
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are other debilitating conditions, as determined in writing by a qualified physician, which may include:
- Chronic back pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
3. How do I find a doctor who can certify me for a Massachusetts Medical Use of Marijuana Program card?
To find a qualified medical marijuana health care provider in your area, click here:
4. Will a doctor give me a medical marijuana prescription for use at a medical cannabis shop?
No. Doctors may only provide certification in order for you to obtain your medical marijuana card. Doctors do not prescribe medical marijuana / medical cannabis or provide dosage amounts.
5. Can out-of-state residents purchase medical marijuana in Massachusetts?
No. Only registered medical marijuana patients who are residents of Massachusetts or their caregivers are allowed to purchase medical marijuana.
6. Can someone else purchase cannabis for me if I can’t visit your medical marijuana dispensary?
Under Massachusetts law, only certified caregivers are allowed to purchase medical marijuana for qualified patients. No other individuals, other than medical marijuana patients or medical marijuana caregivers will be allowed to enter the dispensary.
A personal caregiver is defined in Department Regulations, 105 CMR 725.004, as:
“a person, registered by the Department, who is at least 21 years old, who has agreed to assist with a registered qualifying patient’s medical use of marijuana, and is not the registered qualifying patient’s certifying physician. An employee of a hospice provider, nursing, or medical facility or a visiting nurse, personal care attendant, or home health aide providing care to a qualifying patient may serve as a personal caregiver, including to patients under 18 years of age as a second caregiver.”
To learn more about caregivers, please visit here
7. How will the process of purchasing medical marijuana work after I have obtained my Massachusetts medical marijuana card?
Registered Medical Marijuana patients and their caregivers are encouraged to make an appointment at either of our dispensaries in Plymouth, Massachusetts (South Shore) or Mashpee (Cape cod). Each Medical Marijuana Dispensary location is a secure and safe facility, which provides a welcoming environment to first time and repeat visitors.
After checking in at the entrance to our parking lots (only medical marijuana patients and medical marijuana caregivers are allowed in our medical marijuana stores), you will be welcomed by our receptionists and directed to one of our friendly Medical Marijuana Dispensary Agents.
Our friendly, trained patient education specialists are available in the privacy or our patient education room to discuss your individual needs and answer your questions. Once inside the dispensary, our knowledgeable dispensary agents will help you with your purchase decisions. After the purchase is complete you will leave our medical cannabis store through a dedicated exit.
8. What types of identification will I need to purchase medical marijuana in Massachusetts?
Patients and caregivers will need to show their Massachusetts Medical Marijuana patient or caregiver card, as well another government issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, passport or military ID when arriving at our Plymouth and Mashpee medical marijuana dispensaries.
9. Do I need to make an appointment to visit your medical marijuana dispensary in Plymouth or Mashpee?
Walk-ins are welcome at our Plymouth and Mashpee Medical Marijuana Dispensaries and appointments are not required.
10. Are medical marijuana purchases covered by insurance?
No. Purchases may only be made by cash or debit card.
11. How do I know what medical marijuana products are right for me?
Different cannabis strains affect people in different ways. Our medical marijuana dispensary agents will work with you to examine and discuss the various cannabis products that may work best for your particular medical condition.
12. Where do your cannabis products come from?
All of our marijuana products are naturally grown and processed in our state-of-the-art cultivation and processing facility at 9 Collins Avenue in Plymouth, MA.
13. Are your cannabis products tested?
Yes, our marijuana products are tested by independent Massachusetts Cannabis Control Commission licensed testing labs.
14. How much can I purchase?
At this time, Triple M is limiting purchases of flower to one ounce per visit for our medical marijuana dispensary and one eight of flower in our adult use recreational marijuana store.
15. Where are your dispensaries located?
Our Plymouth dispensary is located at 9 Collins Avenue in the Plymouth Industrial Park. (Exit 7 off Route 3 and the Commerce Way exit off Route 44 in Plymouth, Massachusetts.)
Our Mashpee dispensary is on Cape Cod located at 29 Echo Road (Off Route 130) in Mashpee, Massachusetts
16. What are the hours of operation for your Medical Marijuana and Adult Use Recreational dispensaries in Plymouth and Mashpee?
- Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Monday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Monday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Both dispensaries are currently open for medical sales only
17. Do your Medical Marijuana and Adult Use Recreational dispensaries deliver?
Delivery service is not available at this time but we offer convenient order ahead and curbside pick-up at our medical marijuana and adult use recreational cannabis dispensaries in Plymouth and Mashpee.
18. Are you hiring?
If you are interested in joining Triple M in our cannabis cultivation or marijuana dispensing operations please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com and we will keep it on file.
19. What is the contact information for your Medical Marijuana and Adult Use Recreational Cannabis Dispensaries?